When we are working online or using the internet, we need to stay safe. Watch out for suspicious emails and websites. At no point should you give out your personal information. Personal information include: Full name, date of birth and address. This information can be misused in many ways such as, identity theft, or claim your money, or take out loans in your name, it can also be used to find you!
What is cyber bullying?
Using technology to bully someone is called cyber bullying. Cyber bullying can involve one or more of the following:
• Sending offensive texts or emails
• Posting lies or insults on social networking sites
• Sharing embarrassing videos or photos online
Bullying is serious and can cause emotional harm. In Madani, teachers take this seriously. Ms Saleema Rouf is our anti-bullying officer and often reports of behaviour will be investigated by her. Ms Rumena Qureshi is our E-Safety Officer, who informs us about how to stay safe online.
How can parents keep their child safe online?
Ways to prevent children from being a victim of bullying online, parents can:
Keep the computer in a communal room where it is easier to supervise. Keep inappropriate websites under restriction.
· Know your child’s password
· Know what websites your child visits often
· Constantly give reminders on safety whilst online
· Be open with your child, so if there is a problem they will be able to come and tell you inshaAllah.
For more info how to stay safe online visit: http://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers
To find out how Madani Girls School keeps your child safe at school, please visit our website to access e-safety policy.