Madani Girls School is committed to equality, diversity and accessibilty.
The school is aware of its obligation under Schedule 10 of The Equality Act 2010 to have a three-year accessibility plan. The aim of this three-year plan is to set out how Madani Girls' School is committed to providing a rich and inclusive environment to enable all students to participate fully in the school community by identifying and eliminating barriers that could prevent this.
Madani Girls School is committed to complying with the Equality Act 2010 by:
- Maximising accessibility to the School’s services and activities for staff, students, visitors, prospective staff, and students with disabilities, and to ensure no one is treated less favourably on the ground of disability.
- Developing supportive and inclusive attitudes in which individuals feel free to disclose a disability, should they wish to do so, and to discuss reasonable adjustments in order to promote equal participation in the School’s services and activities.
- Monitoring in order to promote equal participation in the services and activities offered by the school. In adherence to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 1998), such information shall be passed on only with consent and where there is legitimate reason to do so.
- Reviewing, monitoring and revising, as appropriate, all school systems, procedures, facilities, services and buildings in compliance with the Equality Act 2010, which includes the right not to be denied access to education.
- Creating, maintaining and disseminating information about services, support and facilities available for staff, visitors, prospective staff, and students with disabilities.
- increasing the extent to which disabled pupils can participate in the schools' curriculums
improving the physical environment of the schools for the purpose of increasing the extent to which disabled pupils are able to take advantage of education and benefits, facilities or services provided or offered by the schools;
- improving the delivery to disabled pupils of information which is readily accessible to pupils who are not disabled.