We process personal information relating to our pupils and may receive information about them from their previous school or college, local authority, the Department for Education (DfE) and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data to:
- support our pupils’ learning
- monitor and report on their progress
- provide appropriate pastoral care; and
- assess the quality of our services
Information about our pupils that we hold will include their contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, any exclusion information, where they go after they leave us and personal characteristics such as their ethnic group, any special educational needs they may have as well as relevant medical information. For pupils enrolling for post 14 qualifications, the Learning Records Service will give us the unique learner number (ULN) and may also give us details about your learning or qualifications.
In addition once our pupils reach the age of 13, the law requires us to pass on certain information about them to Tower Hamlet council who have responsibilities in relation to the education or training of 13-19 year olds. We provide them with these pupils’ names and addresses, dates of birth, name(s)/address(es) of their parent(s)/guardian(s) and any other information relevant to their role. We may also share certain personal data relating to children aged 16 and over with post-16 education and training providers in order to secure appropriate services for them.
A parent/guardian can ask that no information apart from their child’s name, address and date of birth be passed to Tower Hamlets by informing deputy head for administration. This right is transferred to the child once he/she reaches the age 16. For more information about services for young people, please go to our local authority website http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgnl/education_and_learning/young_people.aspx.
We will not give information about you to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to.
We are required, by law, to pass certain information about our pupils to our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE).
If you need more information about how our local authority and/or DfE collect and use your information, please visit:
- our local authority at http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgnl/council_and_democracy/data_protection__freedom_of.aspx; or
- the DfE website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
If you want to receive a copy of the information about you that we hold, please contact: Deputy head of administration
(1) All issues relating to child protection will to be kept confidential but no promises will be made of confidentiality from relevant agencies if (i) it is in the best interest of the child and (ii) the agency is aware and able to maintain the confidence. (2) The parent’s wish of confidentiality may be over ruled to meet statutory requirement with (i) approval from principal and(ii) written explanation to parents.(3) Any records relating to child safety will be transferred safely when the pupil goes to another school.