There will be a 48-hour DLR strike on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th January 2015. Please plan alternative routes to school to ensure you are on time.
Madani Girls School has a Uniform Policy which is to be followed in order to represent the school and its values but most importantly it supports the desired dress code of a Muslim female.
The present uniform conforms to the Islamic Code of dressing and must be adhered to at all times both within the school and dismissal at the end of the day. Parents are responsible for ensuring all items of the uniform is purchased prior to the school year and refer to the student handbook or policy for guidance. Policy is available on request.
The uniform consists of following:
Indoor school uniform:
- Dark green cotton salwar kameez (loose fitting; below the knee with long sleeves – material can be purchased at school)
- Dark green cardigan with school logo (which can be purchased at school)
- White headscarf
- Flat, black shoes
Outdoor school uniform:
- Black jilbaab
- Black hijaab (which can be purchased at school)
- Black coat – knee length and without a hood
- Light grey, long sleeved top (loose fitting)
- Light grey jogging bottoms (loose fitting)
At Madani, any form of makeup and jewellery is not allowed. Parents are encouraged to monitor and ensure no items of jewellery are bought in to school as these items will be confiscated and not returned till the end of the academic year.